Tours of house and museum are currently only available by appointment. Please call or email us in advance to set up a time to visit.
Visitors may also take a self-guided tour of the grounds and outdoor markers by using our self-guided tour brochure available outside at the visitor center..
Sandusky served as Union Headquarters during the Battle of Lynchburg, however it has seen more than 200 years of local and national history. Though the house was built in the Federal era our restoration and interpretation reflects Sandusky as it appeared 1850-1870.
University of Lynchburg
Historic Sandusky is owned and operated by the University of Lynchburg. Sandusky provides experiential learning opportunities for its students, faculty and staff. The site is also open to the public